OUTDOOR CLASSROOM DAY 21 05 2020
It is Outdoor Classroom Day TODAY May 21st 2020
Dress up in nature today and share your creations with the world! Outdoor Classroom Day UK & Ireland be sharing lots of ideas– from using natural dyes to turn old clothes into nature colours to creating nature out of recycled materials. If it’s possible, you could spend the whole day playing outdoors in your creation. Or you could dress up for your daily walk or hang out on the balcony to make your neighbours smile. This is something everyone can take part in! Whatever you do, share it on her and you can share it on social media on today using #PlayfulNature.
CONNECTING TO NATURE CAN RESTORE OUR SENSE OF WELLBEING. FOR CHILDREN, THIS CONNECTION IS BEST MADE THROUGH PLAY – WHETHER OUTDOORS IN NATURE OR INDOORS WITH NATURAL ELEMENTS.
If the children in your care are stuck indoors due to the global coronavirus crisis, help them connect to nature through play with these lovely ideas from the Outdoor Classroom Day community!
Write about or draw the nature you can see outside your window.
- Create a nature den – add plants, use nature colours and play nature sounds.
- Spot animals out of your window and imitate them.
- Share your favourite memories of playing in nature.
- Play a nature-based game of ‘I spy’ out of your window.
- Make a pinwheel, open the window and find out how windy it is.
- Open your window and listen to the sounds of nature.
- Spot clouds and keep a journal of all the things you see in them.
- Make a nature scrapbook – things you can hear, see, feel.
- Sing nature songs out of the window or on the balcony.
Through play, we can help our children retain their connection to the natural world during the coronavirus crisis.
Lots more ideas here
Remember you could watch the film Project Wild Thing for free here, a great way to end Outdoor Classroom day!