- Read some more of Football Stories from the extract below.
- CREATIVE CHALLENGE FROM ALEX BELLOS & BEN LYTTLETON!
- In 1983 thieves stole the World Cup trophy from an office in Brazil.
- Imagine you are a new author and you want your book to be published.
- Plan a dramatic story from the point of view of a detective. You will need to invent: the name of detective; the names of thieves and their motives; and how the detective solves the case!
- Present your ideas for the story out loud with notes.
English Friday 5th March.mp4
Today is an opportunity to revisit anything you found tricky in the week. Use this time wisely and look back at anything you want to revisit or practise!
Today we are going to be adding lengths.
Please watch the video lesson.
Complete the Friday activity. This can be printed out or write answers in your home learning book. Please don’t copy all of the questions out, just write your answers. Use any jottings and methods you would like to work out your answers in your book too, just like we do at school!
Check your work alongside the answers.
ExtensionLook at the Friday Extension Activity and challenge yourself.
Maths Friday 5th March.mp4
Today's art lesson continues on from last week where you were sketching in the style of Pablo Picasso and then experimenting with colour. If you didn't manage to do last weeks lesson then go back and watch the teaching video and give it a go... it's fun!
Using your sketches, select the face that you like the best and the colour scheme that you prefer.
Now, draw it on a larger scale.
You could do this by using a larger piece of paper, draw it on the concrete in your garden using chalks (this will eventually wash away. DO NOT USE MARKER PENS ON YOUR CONCRETE! You may even like to draw it on an old bedsheet and perhaps use fabric marker pens. Please make sure you ask your adult before getting the bedsheet!
Enjoy being inspired by Pablo Picasso!
Reading: The Boy Who Grew Dragons Chapter 15