Hi Year 6,
Well done if you managed to join our live check in earlier... don't worry if technical hitches prevented you from getting on today. Just let us know if you're having trouble- then we can get it sorted for tomorrow.
Rules for Year 6 Live Check-Ins
We can't wait to see all your faces again on the Live Check-ins from 9:15am every school morning from next Monday 11th! But first, read the instructions and rules below…
- Join by clicking the link which will be visible on the Stream on Monday morning at 9:15am
- Don't join too early - if you are the first person on the meet then please leave until your teacher arrives
- Mute yourself before you enter, but you can have your camera turned on
- Do not change your background. Blurring your background is fine though.
- Try not to be in your bedroom - if you have to be, then blur your background using the settings before you enter the Live Check-in
- Once in the Live Check-in, Three B's at all times - Be Kind to others, Be Respectful to your teacher and peers, and Be your Best in terms of your behaviour
- Click the "Raise Hand" button if you would like to speak, and only once chosen, un-mute yourself to speak. Then re-mute yourself and "Lower your hand" by clicking the "Lower Hand" button
- Your teacher can mute you, but you must un-mute yourself to speak, but only when asked to! I cannot unmute your microphone for you
- Do not use the Live Chat typing box to message in or each other. Only use this to tell your teacher that your microphone isn't working
- No screenshots of the class Live Check-in please - your friends might not have permission.
- No face-pulling / gestures / showing objects on camera / behaviour you wouldn't show in school!
You will be removed from the Live Check-in if you do not follow any of the rules, but you can re-join providing you stick to them. Remember, we don't have long to "meet", so please follow the rules and we'll have a great time catching up every morning!
If you have any questions then email the Year 6 email address. If you can't get on to the Live Check-in, do not worry, we will be "meeting" lots over the coming weeks. Send us an email to list your problem and to say you tried to join and we might be able to fix your problem.
Your username is your school email: Joe.Bloggs@didsburyroad.stockport.sch.uk
If your surname is hyphenated then the hyphen will appear in your email too.
Your password is: Password1
Here is a link to a video reminding you how to ‘turn in’ your work on Google Classroom. Please watch it, ready for next week:
Last of all, as we won’t be together to enjoy our usual class novel, we’ll be listening to a chapter of Piers Torday’s new novel, The Dark Wild, every day. Please listen to a chapter every day on Piers Torday’s Youtube channel, here. This means we won’t miss out on listening to a story together!
Year 6 teachers
Year 6 2020 - 2021
Mrs Clapperton Mrs Gibson Mrs Potts
Welcome to Year 6!
It's so lovely to have all the children back in school and they have settled in really well and seem eager to get on with their learning!
Children must have a reading book in school every day, whether this is one borrowed from class or brought in from home. (Books that are borrowed from school will be quarantined for 48 hours before being returned to shelves.)
Homework diaries must be in school every day and children will be expected to fill them in as and when homework is given out and ensure that homework is handed in on the day that it is due.
6C and 6G - Monday and Friday
6P - Tuesday and Friday
Children should come into school dressed in their PE kits on these days.
Our Topics for this year:
Round Our Way
Moving on up...