Robinwood Residential- Barhaugh Hall
Welcome to Spring 2!
This term will see a lot of revision taking place for SATs in all areas of maths, reading and grammar. This will also be beneficial for transition to secondary school.
Mock SATs week will take place w/c 20th March.
All papers will be sent home once we have had a chance to mark and go through them with the children.
We hope that your child has received the secondary school place that they wanted and are looking forward to their final few months in primary and the next stage of their education.
We shall be learning:
- Maths- Fractions, Decimals and Percentages; properties of shape; perimeter, area and volume; position and direction
- English- Non-chronological reports based on 'The Land of Neverbelieve' (links will be made to Science)
- Science- Living Things & their Habitats.
- Geography- Future and Sustainability
- PSHE- Feelings and emotions, specifically linked to 'Worries' - how to identify worries and strategies to manage them.
- RE -What can be done to reduce racism and can religion help?
- Art- Urban and Rural Landscapes will be the stimulus for art this term.
- ICT- Using Scratch to create a program for a specific audience.
Dates for the diary:
2nd March - World Book Day
31st March - Crazy Hair Day for Year 6 fundraising
- Homework timetable:
Monday - maths
Tuesday - grammar
Thursday - reading comprehension
Children will have 1 week to complete each piece of homework before it must be handed in to the class teacher.
All children should have a copy of the Years 3/4 and Years 5/6 statutory spelling lists. Please can you support your child to learn as many of these words as possible. We will be testing on a weekly basis.
Children are encouraged to read a variety of texts at home as much as possible. This will really aid their ability to access our wide and varied curriculum. Children are expected to have a reading book with them in school every day (either their own from home or one borrowed from school).
Any queries, please don't hesitate to get in touch with your class teacher.
Mrs Clapperton and Mrs Potts
Mrs Daley, Mrs Dolan