Welcome to Year 3
Miss Chambers and Miss Cropper
Miss James and Mrs Hodgson
Welcome back! We can't wait to welcome you into your new classrooms and get to know you properly!
This half term we will be learning about:
- Maths- Place value and addition and subtraction
- English- Narrative writing around “Stone Age Boy” by Satoshi Kitamura and explanation texts using "Pebble in my pocket" by Meredith Hooper to write about how fossils are formed.
- Science- Children will be learning about rocks and fossils.
- History- Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age. We will also be learning about Bessie Colman, a pioneer in aviation, for Black History Month.
- RE- Our big question is “What do different people believe about God?'
- PSHE- Keeping and Satying Safe and Hazard Watch
- Art- Developing skills of painting and sketching looking at cave paintings and Stonehenge and looking at Fossil Art.
- ICT- Composing emails and e-safety
Key Days and Information
Children need to come to school in the correct PE kit. Please make sure children bring warm clothes for the cold weather when necessary. A change of footwear is recommended for when the grass is wet.
3CC - Monday and Wednesday
3JH - Monday and Wednesday
These days may change during the year but we will send notification out when this is going to happen.
Homework will be set on a Monday to be completed by the following Monday. Children can return their Homework Books any day between being handed out and the following Monday.
Children can change their reading books twice a week in Year 3. Children reading longer books may keep them until finished.
3CC - Tuesday
3JH - Tuesday and Friday
Could you please return any school books found at home.
We are really enjoying working with you and your children.
Miss James, Mrs Hodgson, Miss Cropper and Miss Chambers
Learning At Home