Welcome to Year 3
Mrs Cain and Miss Cropper
Miss James and Mrs Hodgson
and Miss Timbrell
All of the children have made a great start to the Autumn Term. We have already begun learning about our new topics. These include:
- Maths- Place value and addition and subtraction
- English- Narrative writing around “Stone Age Boy” and non-chronological reports about ourselves.
- Science- Children will be learning about forces and magnets and completing science experiences using toy cars and magnets!
- History- Changes in Britain from the Stone Age to the Iron Age
- Geography- Looking at rivers, focusing on our local river the Mersey River.
- RE- Our big question is “What do different people believe about God?'
- PSHE- E-safety and managing and recognising feelings.
- Art- Developing skills of painting and sketching looking at cave paintings and Stonehenge.
- ICT- Composing emails and e-safety
Key Days and Information
Children need to come to school in the correct PE kit. Please make sure children bring warm clothes for the cold weather when necessary. A change of footwear is recommended for when the grass is wet.
3CC - Monday and Friday
3JH - Monday and Friday
3T - Monday and Friday
These days may change during the year but we will send notification out when this is going to happen.
Homework will be set on a Monday to be completed by the following Monday. Children can return their Homework Books any day between being handed out and the following Monday.
Children can change their reading books twice a week in Year 3. Children reading longer books may keep them until finished.
3CC - Tuesday
3JH - Tuesday and Friday
3T - Monday
Could you please return any school books found at home.
We are really enjoying working with you and your children.
Miss James, Mrs Hodgson, Miss Cropper, Mrs Cain and Miss Timbrell
Year 3 News
Learning At Home