Practice the spellings on the sheet below. Can you make up some silly sentences using the words on the list?
English Thursday 11th Feb
LO: To revise how we interpret pictograms.
Today we are going to check our learning from last term. Play the Drag and Drop calculations games
Please watch the video lesson.
Today we are going to be interpreting pictograms.
Please work through the Thursday Power Point to make sure you understand what was mentioned in the video.
Complete the Thursday activity. This can be printed out or write answers in your home learning book. Please don’t copy all of the questions out, just write your answers. Use any jottings and methods you would like to work out your answers in your book too, just like we do at school!
Check your work alongside the answers.
If the above work challenged you then you do not need to do this activity. Look at the Thursday Extension Activity and attempt the scaled pictogram problems.
- Help Dr Norbury set up the laboratory with soil samples and observations for the new trainees.
- Watch the Science Video below.
- Work through the BBC bitesize learner's guide link below: What is soil?
- If you can, take some samples of soil from different parts of your garden/local area (please check with your parents first). Avoid animal poo! Make sure you wash your hands afterwards and avoid touching your mouth.
- Practice your observational skills by inspecting (having a good look at) your soil samples. What can you see? What type of soil do you think it is? What is it made from?
- Draw and write about what you have found out about soil.
- EXTRA: Make your own edible soil!!! Possibly a fun activity for half term!
- Click on the link below: