Welcome to Year 5 2021-22
We are so looking forward to teaching you all and making wonderful memories this year. See you in September!
Mrs Holmes, Mrs Norbury and Miss Leah
These will appear on this page so that you can see them straight away. Most messages will be communicated straight from the office via the app so please make sure your contact details are up to date. Thank you.
If you find yourself having to spend a few days at home then please follow the bee below to find your home learning. We will keep in touch via your emails too
(Archived) Year 5 2020-21
5L Sports day photos
- First session is before Whit holidays on Monday 24th May
- Second session is after Whit holidays on Monday 14th June
- Then, 5L are swimming every Monday through to your last session on Monday 19th July.
- No swimming on the first Monday after Easter (Monday 12th)
- First session back is Monday 19th April
- Swimming again on Monday 26th April
- (No school + no swimming on Monday 3rd May)
- Swimming again on Monday 10th May
- 5N's Final session is Monday 17th May.
Swimming - What to bring: When swimming, your child should bring:
- Swimming kit - trunks (not shorts) or a costume
- A towel
- A cap if their hair covers their face
- A spare set of underwear in case a set gets wet whilst getting changed
- A doctors note must be provided if your child needs to wear goggles
- If it is comfortable your child may wear their swimming kit underneath their uniform to school and bring a set of underwear to change into after swimming.
Dear Parents/Carers - Welcome to Year 5!
In order to try to reduce the amount of equipment moving between school and home on a daily basis we will be trialling the following;
Home Reading books will be sent home on a Wednesday to be read and kept at home until the following Monday, giving your child time to read during the week and over the weekend. Please share the book with your child and make comments in their reading record as usual. Return the book and reading record to school on the following Monday so that books can be quarantined in school to be taken out on Wednesday. Children will choose a book from class to read in school also, as well as taking part in guided reading sessions with their teacher through the week.
Homework will be given out for Maths and Spellings.
- Maths will be sent home on a Friday to be handed in the following Friday. The children have a folder to keep this in.
- Spellings will be set on a Friday on Google Classroom to be tested on the following Friday.
P.E. kits should be worn to school on the days that we have P.E.
- Miss Leah's 5L have P.E. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Mr Newton's 5N have P.E. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays
We are trying to adapt our usual practices to fit the current situation and it may not always go to plan. It may be that we will need to make further changes at a later date.
Thank you for your continued help and support,
Mr Newton and Miss Leah
Safer Internet Day 2021 - Tuesday 9th February
This year's Safer Internet Day theme is "An Internet we Trust" - looking at how we can trust things we see and read online.
- Watch the BBC Live Lesson on Safer Internet Day at 11am on Tuesday 9th February 2021
- Complete the Internet Detectives activity below - let us know how you get on by commenting!
- You can also watch the Virtual Assembly if you have time, see the link below!
Children's Mental Health Week 2021 - February 1st-7th