Please remember we will be swimming every Monday now until Christmas.
Dear Parents/Carers - Welcome Back!
In order to try to reduce the amount of equipment moving between school and home on a daily basis we will be trialling the following;
Reading books will be sent home on a Monday to be read and kept at home until Friday. Please share the book with your child and make comments in their reading record as usual. Return the book and reading record to school on the following Friday so that books can be kept over the weekend in school to be re-used on Monday. Children will choose a book from class to read in school as well as taking part in guided reading sessions with their teacher through the week.
Homework will be given out for maths and english, maths will be sent home on a Friday to be handed in the following Thursday, english will be handed out on Tuesday to be handed in the following Monday. The children will have a folder to keep these in.
P.E. kits should be worn to school on the days that we have P.E. Y4 will have P.E. on Thursday and from Monday 14th September we will be going swimming each week so children will wear swimming costume and P.E. kit on Mondays too. Further information about swimming arrangements will be sent before we start.
We are trying to adapt our usual practises to fit the current situation and it may not always go to plan. It may be that we will need to make further changes at a later date. Thank you for your continued help and support,
Mrs Fort and Miss Evans
Please note that any previous messages from Year 4 will be archived in the Archived Daily Messages Link below.
Keeping safe online
Think u know - Home activity packs for parents
The resources have been created by Think U Know (CEOP) to support parents during COVID-19. Each fortnight, they will be releasing new home activity packs with simple 15 minute activities for parents to do with their child to support their online safety.
Please click on the link below to access the resources
Each child will have login details for:
- Times Tables Rock Stars
- Nessy (not applicable to all children 20 minutes each day)
- Dance Mat (not applicable to all children 20 minutes each day)
- Espresso 'Discovery Education' is a fantastic website with a wealth of activities and information that links to learning right throughout primary school. See the link below.
- Oddizzi geography website
Espresso https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/ Username student6832 Password didsburyroad
Oddizzi https://www.oddizzi.com/ Username: DRPSY4 Password: yearfour
Please use these as much as possible. Our recommendation is that children access TTRS for a minimum of 15 minutes every day.
Year 4 2019 - 2020
Miss Evans 4E Mrs Fort 4F
Welcome to fabulous Year 4
1. Meet the ancestors - The Legacy of Ancient Greece
2. Sounds Great- How we hear and make different sounds
1. Roman or Celt? - What did the Romans ever do for us?
2. Loose in school - Finding our way around Didsbury Road.
1. These bones were made for walking - Taking Year 4 to the Peak District
2. Moving moments - Natural habitats