Please note that any previous daily messages from Year 4 will be archived in the Archived Daily Messages Link below.
Have a happy and safe Half Term.
Mrs Holmes and Mrs Fort .
Positive News Report.
This has been moved to the Year 4 blog page, if you have problems accessing it let us know.
Were you able to take part on Tuesday?
Another lovely song more suited to years 1, 2, 3 and 4 has also been added to Stockport Music Services You tube page called Together We’re a Rainbow, written by Anne Rees. Access the song using the link below.
Please look in the science folder for information on this year's Great Science Share - get involved!
Dear children, parents and carers
In the subject links below you will find suggested activities for each day or week that link directly to what we would have been studying in school. Some activities may be progressive and will involve a short activity for each day and will build into something bigger over time or a larger focus for each week to work on in your own time. In 'Topic' you will find all the other subjects like History, RE, Geography, Art, DT, Music, French, ICT and PSHE/SMSC/BV. Each week your activities will be posted by Monday morning. There is still a suggested possible timetable if you want ideas for structure in the 'Home Learning' section. We are also lucky to have national online resources that you have access to that are posting daily lessons from the BBC and Oak National Academy, the links are also in the 'Home Learning' section. Please feel free to update us with your time at home via the school office on the admin email. You can send us photographs or messages. We will upload your photos to the website if we have permission from the forms that were filled in and sent to the office a short while ago. Have fun and enjoy learning.
Mrs Holmes and Mrs Fort
A Daily Challenge for May
Each child will have login details for:
- Times Tables Rock Stars
- Nessy (not applicable to all children 20 minutes each day)
- Dance Mat (not applicable to all children 20 minutes each day)
- Espresso 'Discovery Education' is a fantastic website with a wealth of activities and information that links to learning right throughout primary school. See the link below.
Espresso https://www.discoveryeducation.co.uk/ Username student6832 Password didsburyroad
Please use these as much as possible. Our recommendation is that children access TTRS for a minimum of 15 minutes every day.
Year 4 2019 - 2020
Mrs Holmes 4HB Mrs Fort 4F
Welcome to fabulous Year 4
1. Meet the ancestors - The Legacy of Ancient Greece
2. Sounds Great- How we hear and make different sounds
1. Roman or Celt? - What did the Romans ever do for us?
2. Loose in school - Finding our way around Didsbury Road.
1. These bones were made for walking - Taking Year 4 to the Peak District
2. Moving moments - Natural habitats