Year 2 2023 - 2024
Mrs Davies and Mrs Littlewood
Welcome to Year 2
We are looking forward to a fantastic year with you all. We will post information on here and send out messages via the app. Please do not hesitate to contact your child’s class teacher for any additional information.
2G will have PE on Wednesday and Thursday.
2DL will have PE on Tuesday and Wednesday.
Children should come to school wearing their PE kit. Please ensure your child is wearing: navy or black shorts/leggings/joggers, white or house colour T-shirt and a black or navy sweatshirt.
Children's reading books will be changed each week. Your child could be asked to read to an adult at any point during the week. Please ensure they have their reading books and reading record with them every day. Please sign and comment in their reading records whenever they read at home as this will help us to monitor how often the children are reading.
Your child will also visit the school library every week and have the chance to change their book. Please ensure your child has their book on their library day.
2G - Tuesday
2DL - Thursday
What are we learning?
Our Autumn 2 topic is called 'The Queen's Handbag'. Below is some more information about what we are covering in each subject this half term.
- We will be writing non-chronological reports based on London.
- We will be following Monster Phonics Spelling.
- Subtraction and multiplication.
- Significant events and figures: Gunpowder plot & Guy Fawkes, Remembrance, Famous Monarchs: Elizabeth 1 and Victoria, Comparing lives of monarchs
- The 4 countries within the UK, Four countries human and physical Characteristics, London within the UK
- Design and Technology days: Thrones
- Our big question this half term is 'How should we care for others and the world, and why does it matter?'
- Feelings: worry and anger, Bullying, Circle time.
- Outdoor games with Mr Dixon. Indoor PE: Fitness, Sending and Receiving.
Our Year 2 Topics:
How does your garden grow?
The Queen's Handbag